Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today

I woke up feeling so low I could have walked under a cockroach wearing a top hat (Wodehouse, I think). And then this happened.


I'd forgotten how much I loved biology when I studied it, and how many hours I used to spend glued to Animal Planet. I'd forgotten how much I loved my camera. I'd forgotten how beautifully my euphorbia plant flowers every winter, and I'd forgotten what a hornet looks like. Since my face was about ten inches from it when I took this, I'm glad I didn't remember.

But now I'm happy and listening to Nitin Sawhney. I could take on the Boards, an alien invasion and my neighbour's cranky dog all in one go. Photography always does this to me. And I know I'm blogging again - goes to show I have as much self-control as a herd of wildebeest on the Serengeti, I know - but I'm happy. In fact, to quote another one by Pelham Grenville, I feel so happy I could swallow a grape.

21 kindred spirits have swallowed my rambling:

SPIRITed! said...

Boards do this to everyone.*sympathizes*.

Aphrodite said...

hehe...nice post...

VelocityGirl (tm) said...

Yay, and the picture is really nice too.
Don't you have to go study once in a while? :P

Elendil said...

Absolutely fantastic picture. Straight out of National Geographic.

Poorna Banerjee said...

dewdette... go read pratchett.

heh? ok said...

my favourite pelham grenville description:

he looked like a pterodactyl with a secret sorrow.

happy boarding :)

Ananth said...

Plummy post.

:P.

CheshireCat said...

goodpost.
great,absolutely brilliant picture.
:)

dreamy said...

lovely pic... :)

and i loved biology too!

Royal Bengal Tigress said...

You will enjoy this-
http://www.drones.com/pgw.cgi

raghu said...

amazing pic..looks like one of those stolen from some national geograpic mags.. amzing :D

Maximum Boy said...

now you're a phtographer too. :'(

undifferentiated said...

bio was me fav as well. ooh n i put up a huge list of my GHMs.haha.cud hardly end...and i had hardly strtd whn i did end

ad libber said...

Do not listen to anyone,the boards are not important at all. I am sure it will all seem a joke one exam into it.

Magically Bored said...

I hated Biology and all other parts of Science.
But that is a BRILLIANT picture!
And it's a lovely post too..

fuck-a-ding-a-long said...

Even Wodehouse couldn't write this better. I enjoyed this so much, I think im going to read my old copy of summer lightning for the fifteenth time.

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

@ everyone: THANK YOU.

in particular:

@ panu: i know, i must. but which one to start with?

@ maximum boy: why the tears?

@ royal bengal tigress: =D

Maximum Boy said...

There's just too many things you're good at.

I envy thou.

:'(

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

@ m. boy: what rot *grin* please please go tell my folks that.

Anushka said...

I love Pelham Grenville Wodehouse. Love him, love him, love him.

Love the post too. But you knew, right?

As for Maximim Boy, Mihir Sanghavi or whatever else, he's reputed for shedding online tears on less provocation than a whisper from an ant. But, this is one occasion where I agree with him.

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

@ death on: isn't he amazing? i mean wodehouse, not maximum boy.

although his capacity to come up with feel-good comments is pretty amazing too =)