Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nahin! OR, The Fainting Fit


It has come to pass that I am afraid of my blog. It has been Discovered.

By my parents.

Now the thing is, I can't figure out why my guiltmeter is working overtime because there's nothing much about them on the blog, right? I'm ignoring the Mum-at-the-Dentist's post. I'm ignoring all the other posts that must have featured them or people they know, I can't be bothered searching through the archives and deleting them. Besides, What Is This? I can't have a blog? I can't write down my views? I can't share my life's story with the Internet?

I'm grossly over-reacting here; there was no showdown whatsoever, just a general laugh about my url having the word "butterfly" in it, and a lot of taunts about how the blog would be forwarded to people I didn't want it to be forwarded to. In case I haven't mentioned, the family's sense of humour is a little grotesque. Likewise, I am about as paranoid as Mojo Jojo on tequila.

The point being, secrecy must be maintained at all costs. Us bloggers who know each other in real life develop coughing fits whenever blogging is mentioned. Which is why I shall change my url in a few days. Family, if you're reading this, bwahahahahahah. I shall make sure the new one is not discovered. As for the rest, I shall just have to reappear like the prodigal son (or the post-plastic surgery Ekta Kapoor hero) and notify you about my existence again.

This post is also to be taken as a public announcement about me taking a sabbatical until further notice. Or at least until I get help for persecution mania. Whatever.

22 kindred spirits have swallowed my rambling:

Vikrant Dadawala said...

post plastic surgery Ekta Kapoor hero?
hmmmmmmmmm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
playhouse has really got to you, hasn't it?
But secrecy at all costs.

Sroyon said...

Hmmm, I don't seem to have the coughing fit affliction described by you. And a good thing too, since my blog has about four readers and they're all people I know.

little boxes said...

hmmm...let me know the new one...
and yes,privacy should be maintained

SPIRITed! said...

I let you in on something : I too have been Discovered. By a sneaking git of a brother who informed my parents. And yes, check out my latest post on my Georgette Heyer men.

Macadamia The Nut said...

Rotfl!!
I was laughing SO hard, both at what you wrote and at imagining what would happen to me if I were in your place my anonymity was revealed.

Come back soon!

Punvati said...

Sympathies. Empathy. Been there, done that. Changed url. Got berated by readers. Got rediscovered. Now, I just don't care... too much effort...
But stil... :(

Elendil said...

Come back soon!

ad libber said...

ooh, yay, disguises, secrecies and plots, on blogworld, its like my favourite fantasies come true.
i should have lot of fun trying to discover your new identity.

ad libber said...

*lots

The Reluctant Rebel said...

Blogs being discovered is uncool sometimes. I'm petrified that my blog will be taken apart by my future employers.

Ananth said...

A general laugh about the url having "butterfly" in it? I'm actually really confused about the "assassin" part.

Indecision Personified said...

hmm.. never commented before.. but i read ur blog and love the writing... therefore pls do let me know when you 'reinvent' yourself.

speedpost said...

Really? is that the reason now?

Anushka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

@ vikrant: got to me? who's the one with the mandark display pic? (chew, chew-chew)

@ sroyon: i think that is the state i would like to be in.

@ little boxes: spot on.

@ spirited: i liekd it, but forgot to comment. wait, shall do.

@ the nut: it wasn't funny when it happened :(

@ divya: thanks

@ elendil: but of course, post the plastic surgery :)

@ ad libber: *looks cryptic*

@ rahul saha: oh yes, i believe they can sue you for writing about the workplace.

@ the valhallan: it's a very, very, VERY long story.

@ ip: okay, sure.

@ speedpost: it is, you obnoxious gitc

Anonymous said...

as far as blogs go, yours has been nothing short of entertaining (especially the dentist post lol!). so keep it going =) and yeah, i have been a silent reader of yours for quite some time now, your post has finally made me comment.

29A said...

Well, nobody knows who I am.

I wouldn't want them to.

new age scheherazade said...

if you don't mail me the read url, I'm writing an expose about you on my blog.

Jadis said...

why don't you just change your url..and perhaps the name of the blog as well, a bit?? *screws up face in an i-own-the-world-attitude* anything to keep private private...

heh? ok said...

wow. i've never even tried to be anonymous. i'm like a person who farts noisily in a crowded room and then waits for the others to leave with a smirk on her/his face.

La Figlia Che Piange said...

Uff, get over it. Start a secret blog on the side. If you don't blog soon, I'll get you, seriously.

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

@ plavenah: thanks.

@ 29a: that's your thing, then.

@ new age: how can i not? my most uncritical reader :D

@ jadis: shall. shall.

@ heh? ok: but then that's you :)

@ opaline: sorry, nautanki is my birthright. kintu post korecchi.

if you can call it a post :)